Here’s the truth.
No one will ever say it quite like you. Because no one has, or ever will have, your exact history. No one holds your specific combination of values. No one has your particular blend of passions and concerns. And NO ONE has that distinct energy that only you have.
You’re a one-of-a-kind occurrence in the universe (as the lovely Marie Forleo always says). So when you speak up, you have the opportunity to land your message like no one else can.
And I know what you’re thinking: Ok that’s nice Brenne, but what do I do with that? HOW do I land my message like no one else can?
I’ll tell you:
You get really specific about why you’re saying what you’re saying in the first place.
In fact, before your next meeting, pitch or presentation, I want you to ask yourself the following questions:
- What am I really trying to say?
- Why am I intent on saying it?
- Why now?
- Why am I personally invested?
- What problem(s) am I determined to solve here?
Make sure to jot your answers down. Because like we’ve discussed previously, when you write something down you’re twice as likely to act on it.
Bottom line: When you’re fully grounded in WHY you’re saying what you’re saying, you’ll automatically speak with more clarity and confidence. You won’t feel the need to convince yourself or others that you know what you’re talking about. Instead, you’ll feel the freedom to share what you believe and engage others from the get-go.
The best part? Your answers to these questions will always be unique to you. And if you let them, they’ll become like back-up dancers to your overall message. They’ll give you the energy and extra umph you need to land your ideas—like only you can.
And if you want more tips on how to articulate your message with confidence, in your unique voice, here are two things you can do right now to up your game:
- Scroll down and join our E-Tribe. I’ll send you a free training on how to communicate with more authentic confidence anytime, anywhere. AND, as part of our tribe, you’ll start receiving weekly tips and giveaways I don’t share anywhere else!
- Schedule a free consult call on our Book Sessions page. I’d love to learn more about you. If you could use some quick tips and tools over the phone, I’d be happy to share what I’ve got. If you want to learn more about coaching and get a feel for me and how I work, let’s do it! I mean it when I say I’m here to support you in whatever way I can.
Remember: No one will ever say it quite like you. And the more specific you can get with yourself about why you’re speaking up in the first place, the more confident you’ll feel walking in—and the more inspired everyone else will feel walking out.
Feel free to share this checklist with a few friends or colleagues who could use it. I look forward to seeing your name in my inbox or our phone date on my calendar!
All my love,
Do you ever get frustrated when you find yourself not speaking up in meetings or missing opportunities due to fear of not saying the…
Whether you’re in a job interview or pitching a strategy to a new client, try giving them your BLUF. How to give your BLUF…
Before we jump into today’s blog post, make sure to download the FREE companion worksheet, 2022: Reflect & Reset. It’ll take you through each…